Sunday 3 February 2013

After Effects - Attempt 1


We've been having after effects/type in motion workshops throughout this term and I'm not really sure if how I feel about the programme yet. I sort of really like it because it reminded me of making powerpoint presentations about stuff at school and concentrating more on the animations and making things spin around loads rather than the actual content but on the other hand ITS SO COMPLICATED AND FRUSTRATING.

Anyway, we were told to choose from a selection of film clips to create a moving type video and I originally chose to use Castaway. It was a bit of a cop out really, I thought it would be easy because there were only three words (I was very wrong).

So after a day staring at the screen this is what I came up with…



There aren’t really any problems with it, its fine! Just a bit basic really and after seeing other peoples’ versions (i.e. Becky’s) I felt a bit embarrassed that that would be all I had to show from the workshop.

I’ve had a bit of space in between projects this weekend so I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to have another go.

It hasn’t gone so well (something about RAM that I don’t understand) but I tried to make a background and the background is very nice… there just isn’t any type which sort of defeats the point of a type in motion.

This is the background being constructed…


And this is the moving background set to the soundtrack…


I would like to have another go, probably with a lot of help from somebody who actually knows what they’re doing.

(I've had another go with another film clip today and that's been slightly more successful, so I'll pop that in a separate post when its finished uploading!)

No comments:

Post a Comment