Tuesday 29 January 2013

Screen Printing

A couple of weeks ago I had my screen printing workshop that had been postponed before christmas, but it was worth the wait and v v good and also fun.

I'd only done like one screen print on foundation so was looking forward to having another go and learning more about the process.

I chose to use a line drawing of a cointreau bottle from the graphic imagery project from last term because I wanted to see how the different thicknesses of lines would work as a screen print, Its also a drawing that I'm happy with.


I took in some of the fruit printed papers from the illustration project and bought some lovely papers from the Boningtons shop to print on.



The black shiny card is my favourite, the scan doesn't do it justice but it looks super coooooool with the matte ink.

There were also some tote bags that were being given away for free after the World Event Young Artists festival so I did a quick print on that at the end of the session. (Already being put to good use as you can see)



Really enjoyed the workshop, I think it was successful and will DEFINITELY be doing more screen printing in the future. Big thank you to Nicholas Saunders for explaining things and being patient! (His work is also v nice, have a look!)

No comments:

Post a Comment