Tuesday 1 January 2013

Revisiting #1

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I spent NYE on a checkout and then sitting on the sofa eating crisps, which I was completely fine with until seeing all of the photos of people looking lovely and having a lovely time on Facebook. Oh well at least I'm not nursing a sore head today, which has meant that I have been a bit productive!

I intended to revisit some of the projects from the first term over christmas and develop them a bit... but that hasn't really happened until now.

Today I bought Computer Arts Magazine for the first time (it is a v. good read) and whilst flicking through I saw this tutorial for Constructing a Kaleidoscopic collage effect by Amber Grayson.


I was immediately interested and thought "I could have a go at that!" and after a much frustration and lots of re-reading of the instructions I had come up with something along the lines of what the tutorial was on about.

After this I was inspired to go back to the sense of place project and have another look at the patterns I'd made with the drawings of the cornerhouse and trinity square.

The general jist (that I worked out was easiest for me) was to create a composition in a triangle and then  flip and tesselate.


Here are two versions of a kaleidoscope-y pattern-y thing, I think that the one without the drawing of the elderly couple is better, the white shapes are distracting? I dunnor.

Anyway, I'm quite happy that I spent the afternoon working this out. It's helped me to get back to grips with Photoshop and learn how to use some more tools with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment