Sunday 4 November 2012

A Sense of Place

"Nobody likes it but nobody knows why"

Some of the final bits from the project on Trinity Square and Cornerhouse project. Decided to make some patterns to represent the repetition in the architecture of the area and the mundanity of what people do there (people go there and eat lunch everyday, people just go to have a meal in the evening or go to the cinema and then leave). I might try and go back and redo some of this if I have time because I think it could be better, especially now I have access to Photoshop and Illustrator ALL DA TYM.

It was interesting look at the area properly with the view to needing to produce a visual outcome, having lived in Nottingham all of my life I've never really thought about it much and thought it was a bit boring but looking at it through fresh eyes its not that bad. Poor Trinity Square, even if I'm the only one, I kind of like you (sort of).




I want to pop up a few of my sketchbook pages from this project too because I think I like my sketchbooks more than the final pieces, so expect that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment