Friday 12 December 2014

Catch up & connex

Long time no blog.

My pals and I were having a chat about what we had in terms of online portfolios etc. (I have a cargo by the way cargocollective.com/laurajanewalsh) and I realised how much I miss blogging stuff that I’m doing - both in and out of university.

So lets pick up a bit after where we left off.

The last project was of second year was a live brief set by Interbrand to do with branding a new-to-the-uk telecommunications brand called connex, culminating with pitching our projects at their swanky London studio.

I started thinking about how I can show communication, pieces of information being passed from one point to another. I came across this video of Nanex’s Stock Trading Model.



This led me to think about how I could show connection visually, working with the idea of connecting the points of different shapes in different ways.







I ended up with a 12 sided shape, inspired by the Nanex model, filled with shapes of different hues of green in low opacities 


These shapes were used across the rest of the brands visual language, including posters, packaging, iconography and shop signage.




I was really pleased with the project, I still am. It was a really good way to finish of second year and further proved to me that branding is what I like to do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment