Tuesday 21 January 2014

Screen Printing

I did a screen printing workshop on Monday, it was reeeaaallly fun and I can't wait to do some more.


The workshop was based around practicing doing prints with more than one layer, so I started by doing a simple sketch that would work easily as a print.


I then scanned it into Photoshop and Illustrator to make it look a bit cleaner and start thinking about the image in terms of layers. Then I printed out the line-y layer and made it look a bit scruffier again. It was different (in a good way) to look at images in terms of layers of colour.

Physically printing the images was a really interesting process. Its really satisfying when everything lines up properly, although sometimes the prints look equally nice when they don't.



Me being me, I did approximately 500 billion prints on different types of paper, but I think white and grey papers work the best.




I also printed on a notebook! V fancy.

I was thinking that it might be interesting to go back and do some more of these with the hope of possibly selling them? If anyone was interested...

No comments:

Post a Comment