Wednesday 10 April 2013

The Wind in the Willows: Sketchbook

I entered the Penguin Design Competition this year.

My dad collects copies of the Wind in the Willows and its still one of my favourite stories, so it was a bit of a no brainer that that would be the book that I would choose.

Here are some pictures of my sketchbook featuring my weird hand.


















I started the project by listening to the audiobook on the way into uni and work on the bus, then did a few warm up drawings from the film. My friend and I also took a day to go to Wollaton Hall to draw from the surrounding park and the stuffed animals.

I worked with fineliner pens, posca pens, colouring pencils, water colours until I decided to start paper cutting. Its a way of working that I enjoy and wanted to experiment with more and I thought that the aesthetic would lend itself well to the story.

I'll do another post of the final entry to the competition when I've done a bit more of this never ending essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment