Sunday 11 November 2012

LJW

The final part of our 3 week project looking at type, was creating a typographic logo with our initials. This is what I came up with.

Starting from the top, this was one that quite a lot of people seemed to like. I was thinking about overlapping the letter forms, I'm not sure how successful it was because I don't think that it looks like the right order (LWJ not LJW) and it kind of looks like a superhero logo (?) also I'm a bit of a novice on photoshop so there are a few blurry bits around the edges. Could do better.

The second one is my favourite and probably the most "me" but it is by no means perfect, I wanted to use Lobster at some point because I love the "fanciness" of it and I thought that all of the curvy lines could all merge into one continuous shape. However its just ended looking a bit heavy and lumpy at the point where all of the letterforms meet and I don't think that aligning it to the left and putting it in a too small rectangle helped it either! My tutor didn't really like this one and suggested that I used another one to present in the group crit session (I'll adress that one in a minute). I'll continue to develop this one and try to make it work.

This last one was probably the most professional looking logo, someone described it as looking like an estate agents. I was aware that I looked like I was a bit obsessed with the colour pink this week so I used a monochrome colour scheme, which is probably where the estate agent vibe came from. For this logo I was experimenting with filling the negative space that occurs when you put the letter "L" in a box. 

During the initial stages of the project I was messing around with trying to make my initials into a face but thought that the idea was too silly and a bit Pokémon looking, but when talking to my tutor she said that this was actually a better design than my second logo idea so with her advice I took the below one into the critique session.


(Excuse the stupid photo)

It pays to listen because this was the logo that the majority of people seemed to like the most, some people said it looked a bit scary but my favourite description was that it looked like "a worried pink lady".

No comments:

Post a Comment